--apologies for any cross-posting - please reply to the email addresses at the end of the message.

Call for papers - Library and Information Research Vol 32 No 102

Theme: Workplace libraries

The Editors of Library and Information Research invite papers from practitioners, consultants and academic researchers that address the unique joys and challenges of workplace libraries.  We welcome papers on:

* Use of information in the workplace

* Marketing the workplace library and demonstrating value to the organisation

* Web 2.0 in the workplace

* User education and training in the workplace

* Professional development for the workplace librarian

* Regulatory, legal and policy implications for workplace libraries

* Digital libraries in the workplace

This list is not exhaustive.  The journal’s focus is on linking research and practice so an emphasis on research with a practical application is especially welcome.

We publish papers from both experienced and new researchers.  Authors may choose whether their paper is sent for peer review and considered for publication in the refereed section of the journal, or whether they wish it to be considered for publication as a non-peer-reviewed research paper. Unrefereed papers will still be subject to editorial review.

If you have any queries about the suitability of your paper please feel free to contact Miggie Pickton, the lead editor for this issue of Library and Information Research.

Guidelines for authors: http://www.lirg.org.uk/lir/ojs/index.php/lir/information/authors

Latest dates for submission: 31st August 2008 (refereed papers); 31st October 2008 (non-refereed papers)

Current issue: http://cilipjournals.org.uk/lir

Lead Editor for issue number 102:

Dr Miggie Pickton, Department of Information Services, University of Northampton ([log in to unmask])

Joint Editor, Library and Information Research:

Dr Louise Cooke, Department of Information Science, Loughborough University ([log in to unmask])

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing, copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained in it.

We virus scan all E-mails leaving The University of Northampton but no warranty is given that this E-mail and any attachments are virus free. You should undertake your own virus checking. The right to monitor E-mail communications through our networks is reserved by us.