Re: Very Low-Grade Metamorphism Dear Mauricio,

If it is of any help, I can send you on loan a set of five or six polished-slate standards and a mounted muscovite flake covering a broad range of IC values, together with the FWHM values I measured on these standards at the the specified diffractometer settings used.  You can use these to calibrate your own standards.  Obviously, these standards are useful only for calibrating the X-ray diffractometer settings, and not for differences as a result of preparation procedures (grinding, sieving, grain-size separation, cation saturation).

Sincerely

Hanan Kisch

> Good morning everybody:
> In our laboratory (GMAS) in Colombia, we own a Bruker D8 Advance XRD
> equipment, and we are interested in calibrating our procedures for measuring
> the Kubler ("Crystallinity") index following the recommendations made  by the
> IUGS and the IGCP project 294 "Very low-grade metamorphism" (Árkai et al.
> 2007, Kisch 1991, Warr & Rice 1994). The reason for this communication, is
> because we have had troubles acquiring the (meta)pelite standards SW-1, SW-2,
> SW-4 and SW-6 from the Variscan Belt, and the Indian pegmatite muscovite MF1
> presented by Warr & Rice 1994.
> Can somebody help us with this issue?
> Thanks to all.
>  Sincerely
> Mauricio Ibañez-Mejia
> GMAS Laboratory (Colombia)

Prof. Hanan J. Kisch
Department of Geological and Environmental Sciences
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
P.O.B. 653, Beer-Sheva 84105, Israel
Tel.: +972 8 646 1290
Fax (Dept office): +972 8 647 2997 and +972 8 647 7655
E-mail: [log in to unmask]