Hello All,

I just wanted to compliment Alan and Bruce for putting together such an excellent collection of carbonatite data. I am sure many of us will benefit from this painstakingly detailed compilation. There is just one correction I would like to make: the Eden Lake carbonatite in northern Manitoba, Canada (#191 everywhere, pages 92-93 in the MasterCarbonatite file) is NOT a carbohydrothermal body (Figure 2 in the Figure-PDFs folder). For further details, see:
Chakhmouradian A.R., Mumin A.H., Demény A. & Elliott B. (2008) Postorogenic carbonatites at Eden Lake, Trans-Hudson Orogen (northern Manitoba, Canada): Geological setting, mineralogy and geochemistry. Lithos, 103, 503-526.

Thanks, Anton

*************************************
Dr. Anton R. Chakhmouradian
Associate Editor, Mineralogy & Petrology

Associate Professor
Department of Geological Sciences
University of Manitoba
Winnipeg, Manitoba R3T 2N2