From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. on behalf of Giles Carey
Sent: Fri 06/06/2008 16:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: flickr

A Friday afternoon sort of question...

Have any local authority / county council museums/ heritage organisations
convinced their employers to enable access to sites like flickr which are
increasingly being used for legitimate *business* purposes?

I would be grateful to hear from anyone who has lobbied their parent
organisation to treat them as a special case and give them access to these
kinds of sites. In Surrey, we are not only wanting to view it, but to
integrate it with Exploring Surrey's Past, as a way of sharing our content
at a wider level.

As we need to administer our own photos as well as do demos of it in
county council properties, it is, we feel, a legitimate business use.

I look forward to hearing from people who have fought for access...and
won! Similar experiences with Youtube, Facebook etc. would also be greatly
appreciated.

Best wishes
Giles
Giles Carey
Exploring Surrey's Past Project Officer

01483 518730

Surrey History Centre
www.exploringsurreyspast.org.uk

This email and any attachments with it are intended for the addressee only.
It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional privilege.
If you have received this email in error please notify the sender or [log in to unmask]
The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and cannot be taken as an expression of the County Council's position.
Surrey County Council reserves the right to monitor all incoming and outgoing mail.
Whilst every care has been taken to check this outgoing e-mail for viruses, it is your responsibility to carry out any checks upon receipt.

Visit the Surrey County Council website - http://www.surreycc.gov.uk

DISCLAIMER:
This email and any files transmitted with it may be confidential, legally privileged and protected in law and are intended solely for the use of the
individual to whom it is addressed. The copyright in all documentation is the property of the Borough of Poole and this email and any documentation must not
be copied or used other than as strictly necessary for the purpose of this email without prior written consent which may be subject to conditions. Any view
or opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the 'Borough of Poole' or any of its individual departments.
Whilst the council does not pro-actively monitor electronic mail, it reserves the right to inspect outgoing emails from the council system. If you have
received this Email in error please contact the sender by return and confirm that its contents have been destroyed. Telephone enquiries should be directed to the Borough switchboard on 01202 633633