Hi

We at London Transport Museum have already set up a Museum Flickr and
Facebook account. You can have a look at the Flickr page here -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ltmuseum
To see our Facebook page, you need to be a member of the site - but the
page is called London Transport Museum (original, I know!)

It did take a little bit of persuading on our part but when we
highlighted other examples of the sites being used, the powers that be
caved in. We were very aware though that we had to be careful when
administering the content from others. We have had a really good
response on Flickr  - we have used it for mystery objects, pictures from
holiday events, project work and to spotlight objects from the
collection. We are also running a photo scavenger hunt to mark London
Festival of Architecture on July 6th. If you are interested in taking
part please sign up at our Flickr site.

Facebook has been a harder nut to crack - it's quite difficult to come
across as a personal rather than corporate organisation. It is also
harder to stop other people hijacking the site when they post their own
comments on the wall. This may need more consideration on your part.

Have a look and if anyone has any comments please let me know. We are
always trying to improve the two sites and please feel free to use
anything you see that has worked for us with your own sites.

One last request - please be our Friend!!!

Thanks
Nisha

Nisha Patel
Audience Development Officer