Thanks Matt - completely agreed - just one thing to add.

If you are using waypoint masks to define a tract, then sometimes
your results may look more consistent across subjects if you
threshold as a proportion of the total number of samples that made it
between the 2 masks rather than the total number sent from the ROI.
This number is stored in waytotal.txt.