From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Dan Taubman
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: ESOL hot topics

Many thanks from me too. An excellent summary. I do take note of the various points and will do my best to express them or those I feel confident in expressing as a generalist at the various events and meetings on ESOL that I attend. Re the points that pertain to UCU On pay as you all know we continue to campaign and fight for better pay and conditions for all FE and adult education lecturers. Of course ESOL along with other Skills for Life staff are part of that and I think we can make very good points about the way that work with the most marginal and disadvantaged tends to be undertaken by the most marginal of staff - part time hourly paid.
*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]