I get the impression that LEAs will work in consultation with providers to determine priorities with a strong focus on cohesion - but who does that involve exactly and how will the process be?  One thing is for certain, - between now and 2010, those that have to pay for provision will pay up to a maximum of 37.5% which will slowly increase up to 50% by 2010 AND more will be done to "secure contributions from employers". In a nutshell - funding is going to get cut and the emphasis will be on employer engagement to bring money in. That's the only way I see it going, the DIUS is already engaging with TUC and Industry. PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, you'll make me a happy woman.

Angela

Angela Keenan
ESOL Curriculum Development Manager
Learning Youth & Skills
Room 123
NYCC
County Hall
Northallerton
DL7 8AE
01609 533102
07976776059

WARNING

This E-mail and any attachments may contain information that is confidential or privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the named recipient. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken is prohibited and may be unlawful.

Any opinions expressed are those of the author and not necessarily the view of the Council.

North Yorkshire County Council.

ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds.
To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html
A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at:
http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm
To contact the list owner, send an email to