From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Dan Taubman
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2008 9:21 AM
Subject: Re: ESOL Funding Divolving to the LEA

Pam is right. Funding still via LSC and then one assumes the Skills Funding Agency after 2010 but priorities set by local authorities. There is a DIUS 24 hour residential next week to pick up the next steps in this.
On another note are people picking up cuts to lower level ESOL and Skills for Life. I am getting reports that those skills for life and ESOL which are not Leitch targets are development learning and are being squeezed. If this is happening to your organisation would love to know more.

Dan Taubman
National Official UCU Colleges Department
27 Britannia Street
London WC 1 X9JP
Direct Line: 0207 520 3230
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

*********************************** ESOL-Research is a forum for researchers and practitioners with an interest in research into teaching and learning ESOL. ESOL-Research is managed by James Simpson at the Centre for Language Education Research, School of Education, University of Leeds. To join or leave ESOL-Research, visit http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/ESOL-RESEARCH.html A quick guide to using Jiscmail lists can be found at: http://jiscmail.ac.uk/help/using/quickuser.htm To contact the list owner, send an email to [log in to unmask]