Hi,

I'm sorry to mass email this list, but a member from c4dm suggested it might
be an appropriate place to advertise for a position our start-up, Songkick
is hiring for.

Songkick <http://www.songkick.com/>'s goal is to make it easier and more fun
to discover and experience live music. We're a web based application focused
on becoming a comprehensive source of information on concerts. If you want
to find out a bit more about what we do here's a short
video<http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/03/19/video-ian-hogarth-of-songkick/>of
me talking about our launch in March at SxSW.

Two of our team members have a background in Machine Learning and
data-mining so we have taken a semantic web approach to some of the
challenges we've faced. These have included:
- building the first ever
recommendation<http://venturebeat.com/2008/03/18/songkicks-concert-recommendation-engine-it-goes-to-11/>engine
for live music
- creating the first tool <http://labs.songkick.com/battle> to measure 'buzz
on the web' which gathers data on the web for 1 million bands
- creating Bandsense - a distributed advertising network for live music
running on music blogs

We've received funding from some of the top investors in Europe and the US
including Y Combinator, Saul Klein (The Accelerator Group), Jeff Clavier and
Betaworks. We've also been lucky to receive favourable reviews from
TechCrunch, BusinessWeek and Gartner amongst others.

Given the readership of this list I thought it would be worth advertising
here that we are looking to expand our development team from 2 to 3 people
and are hoping to find someone with a background in data-mining and
statistical analysis, but also someone who loves music - particularly the
intersection of music and technology.

You would be working in a small team hoping to have a big impact. We're at a
very early stage (so will be generous with stock options) but are funded (so
can offer a reasonable salary).

If this sounds like it could be your ideal job we'd love to hear from you.
To apply please send a C.V. and list of any sites you've been involved with
to [log in to unmask]

If not, I'm very sorry for an off-subject post to the list.

Many thanks,
Ian