Mathematically speaking normal is not the lowest common denominator, it is the distribution of a
bell curve where average falls within the central tendency. I though all researchers would have
known that.

Lowest common denominator exists in fractions, however statistics are mostly calculated in decimals.

Larry who never got beyond O level in maths.