I would be interested in receiving a copy of this.

Best wishes

Julia Tait

Charmaine wrote:
Re Study Skills for Anatomy & Physiology

Hi everybody: we have often discussed different ways of supporting students with study difficulties on mainstream courses, such as Anatomy & Physiology. I  have been working on embedding study skills into subject areas for quite some time, as some of you know.  I wanted to let you know about a resource called 'Great Ways to Learn Anatomy & Physiology' which is now being published. This  book is designed for students who are struggling to learn A&P, because they have specific study, memory, mathematical or dyslexic/dyspraxic-type difficulties.  As such, it is different from any other Anatomy & Physiology textbook currently available. It doesn't replace standard or favourite textbooks: it is a toolkit to help you learn or teach from  textbooks more easily.  Each section introduces and illustrates one of the top 10 strategies for making A&P easier to learn. The language used is straightforward. It is highly illustrated in colour to support understanding and
reinforce memory. Complicated processes are made simpler and brought to life as imaginative diagrams and storylines. Many memory techniques, stress-busters and  time-saving devices are also suggested. I can put names down to get some free copies for people who might be really interested. You may also be interested in writing a review when it comes out. Let me know asap. Best wishes to all. Charmaine

--
Julia Tait
Adviser for Students with Dyslexia

01865 484659