Sent: Tuesday, June 03, 2008 12:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Bibliographic resources and events (FW: minor problem)

A good old question about our term definitions. Hurrah! :-)

See below....

This question has been passed to me, but I guess it's a question of the definition of our class dcterms:BibliographicResource (used as domain of dcterms:bibliographicCitation)

Does this class include events?

If I recall correctly, this was one for which we couldn't find a good "off the shelf" definition

See e.g. http://www.google.com/search?q=define%3Abibliographic

But I don't think there was any intent to include events?

Even accepting the notion that a bibliographic resource should be anything that is the subject of a bibliographic citation, does that really include events?

http://www.google.com/search?q=define:bibliographic+citation

All of those definitions seem narrower than that to me.

Over to the librarians :-)

Pete