Interesting one, this.  It is customary at sales conferences to share this information, live and on stage.  The sales teams are used to it and it is unlikely, because of custom and practice, to cause a complaint.

However one can argue that this is very much personal data that should not be shared without consent.

I think the pragmatic answer is to include the fact that percentage attainment data will be made "internally public" at such events and on an internal circulation in the annual signup letter that sales staff (presumably) sign to accept their quotas.

Since the risk is low because of custom and practice (and this can be argued in mitigation to any complaint,though is not a defence per se)  I think one might proceed to share it THIS year and regularise the situation in the next quota year.

Or have I misunderstood the situation?

Catherine Schalk wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
I have a question regarding the sharing of Sales Quota Attainment data.

I realise that sharing any employee performance data with anyone outside of the employee, their manager and HR would be highly questionnable/illegal.   However, would there be an issue in sharing just the quota attainment percentage for each sales rep with the entire sales force (this will include all sales reps, sales managers within the UK & Ireland).  The data would include the sales reps name thus making it immediately visible who the individuals are and what their peformance is.

My initial reactions is is to say definately not, but I wanted to find out if any of you have a view point that would change this.

Thanks
Catherine

All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]

Tim Trent - Consultant
Tel: +44 (0)7710 126618
web: ComplianceAndPrivacy.com - where busy executives go to find the news first
personal blog: timtrent.blogspot.com/

Important: This message is private and confidential. If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. This email and any attachment(s) are believed to be virus-free, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to make all the necessary virus checks. This email and any attachments to it are copyright of Meadowood Associates, owners of Compliance And Privacy, unless otherwise stated. Their copying, transmission, reproduction in whole or in part may only be undertaken with the express permission, in writing, of Meadowood Associates, at Meadowood House, 30 Redditch, Bracknell, Berkshire, RG12 0TT.