From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Dodgson
Sent: 06 June 2008 12:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [data-protection] Holding of Penalty Charge data

Hi

I have received a stop processing request (Section 10 (3))  with regard to information collected as part of the payment process concerning a parking penalty charge.

I intend to respond using Section 10 (3) (b) stating that we must hold the data for 6 full years and may process it during that period should litigation in respect of the penalty charge occur.

Is this interpretation excessive or do you concur with my views?

It not often I get a stop processing notice!

Thanks

Paul Dodgson
Business Partner
Information Management Team
Corporate Resources Department
Leicestershire County Council
E-mail: mailto:[log in to unmask]
Tel: 0116 305 8250

Support your local council workers in this year’s National Council Worker of the Year Awards by clicking:
Vote for Jane Dabrowska -
http://www.localgovernmentchannel.com/awards/c/innovation/v/jane_dabrowska/y/2008/
Vote for Lee Fradsham -
http://www.localgovernmentchannel.com/awards/c/bravery/v/lee_fradsham/y/2008/

Leicestershire County Council - rated a 'four-star' council by the Audit Commission

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any reading, printing, storage, disclosure, copying or any other action taken in respect of this e-mail is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by using the reply function and then permanently delete what you have received.

Incoming and outgoing e-mail messages are routinely monitored for compliance with Leicestershire County Council's policy on the use of electronic communications. The contents of e-mails may have to be disclosed to a request under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

The views expressed by the author may not necessarily reflect the views or policies of the Leicestershire County Council.

Attachments to e-mail messages may contain viruses that may damage your system. Whilst Leicestershire County Council has taken every reasonable precaution to minimise this risk, we cannot accept any liability for any damage which you sustain as a result of these factors. You are advised to carry out your own virus checks before opening any attachment.

All e-mails are monitored by Coventry City Council IT Security, using M@ilMeter and Star Filtering Services in accordance with the Regulations of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.
This e-mail has been scanned for all viruses by Star Internet. The service is powered by MessageLabs.

All user commands can be found at http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are requested to contact the sender

All e-mails are monitored by Coventry City Council IT Security, using M@ilMeter and Star Filtering Services.

The views contained in this e-mail are those of the author and not necessarily those of Coventry City Council.