From a lurker,

I joined the list many years ago! And have enjoyed reading the
emails.......:-))
Any questions that I have thoughts about seem to have been addressed, or
the Q & A's have raised additional idea's which have solved those silly
little queries that I wanted to address.

The list is, I would hazard to say, is a benefit in this format! The
ability to post questions and receive a responses is the benefit which I
feel we all like.
The question posed about replies either personally or to the group is
something that requires attention, many times I have seen a question,
then the topic just disappears. I then assume that off list replies have
closed the topic under discussion........
Keep up all those interesting emails

Mike,
a lurker,
who is on the outside looking in

________________________________

From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tim Trent
Sent: 10 June 2008 13:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Status of the List

We have 683 subscribers, 465 of whom choose to receive emails as they
are posted.

With that number in mind, are we providing good "value" with the list in
its rather quiet state nowadays?

--

________________________________

Tim Trent - Consultant
Tel: +44 (0)7710 126618
web: ComplianceAndPrivacy.com - where busy executives go to find the
news first
personal blog: timtrent.blogspot.com/

Important: This message is private and confidential. If you have
received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your
system. This email and any attachment(s) are believed to be virus-free,
but it is the responsibility of the recipient to make all the necessary
virus checks. This email and any attachments to it are copyright of
Meadowood Associates, owners of Compliance And Privacy, unless otherwise
stated. Their copying, transmission, reproduction in whole or in part
may only be undertaken with the express permission, in writing, of
Meadowood Associates, at Meadowood House, 30 Redditch, Bracknell,
Berkshire, RG12 0TT.

________________________________

All archives of messages are stored permanently and are available to the
world wide web community at large at

Selected commands (the command has been filled in below in the body of
the email if you are receiving emails in HTML format):

*	Leaving this list: send leave data-protection to
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=LEAVE
data-protection>
*	Suspending emails from all JISCMail lists: send SET * NOMAIL to
[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET *
NOMAIL>
*	To receive emails from this list in text format: send SET
data-protection NOHTML to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET data-protection NOHTML>
*	To receive emails from this list in HTML format: send SET
data-protection HTML to [log in to unmask]
<mailto:[log in to unmask]&BODY=SET data-protection HTML>

All user commands can be found at
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/commandref.htm and are sent in the body
of an otherwise blank email to [log in to unmask]

Any queries about sending or receiving messages please send to the list
owner [log in to unmask]

(Please send all commands to [log in to unmask] not the list or the
moderators, and all requests for technical help to
[log in to unmask], the general office helpline)

NOTICE

This message and any files transmitted with it is intended for the addressee only and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Coventry University.