Hi all

ironically, I did Not want to dampen any [if I may] Enthusiasm for blogging either! Only joining the colour of Critcal GF to engage a bit of friendly crit into this. So I will have a look at the anthrop debate on this, much thanks. it just seems sometimes to be a new Grail wrought from feeling unable to engag our work outwards- a worthy pursuit!

Best- and relax the weekend!
David

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 7:52 AM, Ian Cook <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience - or know of any examples - of academic papers
> that have been put together from contributions to a blog?

No, but there's an issue here's I've been wondering/worrying about:

Traditional publication outlets don't accept previously published
work. One might imagine--and I have heard some people* in fact argue
this--that work posted on blogs is in fact published.

Bruce

* I have a friend that works at the Nature Publishing Group who
pointed this out to me.