Please take some time from your busy day to read about what we as a Nation are doing to
people who come to us with a hope of asylum when they have experienced torture in their country of origin!
Jacqui

From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:22:27 +0100
Subject: International Day in Support of Victims of Torture

If you cannot read this email, click here

Single donation

Direct debit

Dear Jacqui,

Today is the United Nations International Day in Support of Victims of Torture.

To mark this occasion, the MF has launched its new website.

Used as a weapon of oppression, fear and repressive control, torture mars the lives of thousands of people across the globe, yet myths about torture particularly its efficacy and rarity - continue to proliferate.

On this day we highlight the true legacy of torture through the stories of three MF clients who escaped the brutality of their torturers. Each torture survivor's experience is unique, yet all dispel the myths about torture and its consequences.

We urge you to read our clients' stories, and continue to raise awareness of the truth about torture and how you can help the survivors, by sending this message to your friends, family and colleagues.

To unsubscribe from this email please click here.

Medical Foundation for the Care of Victims of Torture: registered charity number 1000340.
Company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales: number 2398586.
Office address: 111 Isledon Road, London N7 7JW. Email:

Get 5GB of online storage for free! Get it Now! ___________________________________ COMMUNITYPSYCHUK - The discussion list for community psychology in the UK. To unsubscribe or to change your details visit the website: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/COMMUNITYPSYCHUK.HTML For any problems or queries, contact the list moderator Rebekah Pratt on [log in to unmask] or Grant Jeffrey on [log in to unmask]