Dear Mark and all,

I did not receive any replies, other than your own, to my consulting of the list as to whether it was worth submitting the York Poverty statement to the SCOTTISH PARLIAMENT LOCAL GOVERNMENT COMMITTEE  INQUIRY INTO CHILD POVERTY, so I did not act on the suggestion. I am personally very committed this week and about to go away for a couple of weeks so doing things by 27 June is not feasible for me.

If there were time, perhaps an updated position statement could be collectively negotiated by those at the 2008 UK CP Conference in Edinburgh in September? The statement would be too late for SPLGC but I dont suppose income will have been redistributed to eradicate child or adult poverty in Scotland by September so it would probably still be relevant.!

David

From: The UK Community Psychology Discussion List on behalf of Mark Burton
Sent: Mon 23/06/2008 21:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: INQUIRY INTO CHILD POVERTY

I got one reply (off list) to this suggestion saying it would be worth
contributing.
Yet again our limited capacity to organise seems to be in danger of
preventing what could be a valuable and distinctive contribution.
It would probably be better if comrades in Scotland could coordinate
something, but the closing date is 27th June.
Any takers?

Mark