> I am currently refining a high-resolution structure that has many reflections (~180,000). I
> would like to halve the R-free set from 5% to 2.5%, and am unsure how to do so. Any advice
> will be greatly appreciated.

there is a bunch of commands in dataman to do this (and other things) to your
test set - see: http://xray.bmc.uu.se/usf/dataman_man.html#H9

--dvd

                         Gerard J.  Kleywegt
     [Research Fellow of the Royal  Swedish Academy of Sciences]
Dept. of Cell & Molecular Biology  University of Uppsala
                 Biomedical Centre  Box 596
                 SE-751 24 Uppsala  SWEDEN

     http://xray.bmc.uu.se/gerard/  mailto:[log in to unmask]
    The opinions in this message are fictional.  Any similarity
    to actual opinions, living or dead, is purely coincidental.