Dear Friends and Colleagues

This is a reminder about the Obeah and Other Powers Conference at Newcastle University from 16-18 July.  We think there is an exciting programme, with many speakers visiting from the US, Canada, other parts of Europe, and the Caribbean.  Keynote speaker Professor Robert A. Hill will give a talk on 'Marcus Garvey and the Discourse of Obeah', and there will be panels on Discourse and Knowledge; Power and Agency; Creolisation, Purity, Ethnicity; Gender and Sexuality; Healing and Hierarchies of Knowledge; Representation; Moral and Political Economies; and Politics, Law, Nationhood.

Please visit the conference website, at www.obeahconference.org for more information, including the registration form.

Deadline for registration is July 7th.

I hope to see some of you at the conference.

Diana Paton

Diana Paton
Senior Lecturer in History
School of Historical Studies