Hi

I am undertaking research on the Anglo-French Art Centre (art school), St. John's Wood, London, circa 1945 to 1951. Surviving students would be well into their eighties and the internet, as far as my limited powers are concerned, is limited.

With European artists visiting it had an existential bent I believe. British artists Henry Moore and Francis Bacon gave talks there. However, I'm more interested in the students/participants who attended and the ambience/atmosphere of the place.

I know Birgit Skiold went there and set up the first artists' print collective in London in 1958; Conrad 'Dick' Romyn went on to study in Paris and then in the US. Other students included Breon O'Casey (the playwright's son), Erik Laubscher and Elizabeth Waugh.

I would be very grateful for any 'pointers' as to who/which institution to approach in my research.

It's a fascinating piece of seemingly hidden history. I know it is ceased suddenly through withdrawal of funds. Was this due to The Festival of Britain?

Best wishes, Rupert