Hello.
My name is Jo Harrison. I am studying for an MLitt in Archives and Records Management by distance learning with the University of Dundee. I am based at the Record Office for Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland. Like many local record offices we are keen to be as inclusive as possible in relation to the material we collect, especially from previously marginalised grpups, such as migrants and the socially disadvantaged.
For my dissertation I am hoping to get permission to do some research in a local prison asking some prisoners and staff what they think about prisoners donating material to an archives on a continuing basis, what sorts of material could be donated, and what sorts of restrictions might then be placed on the donations.
I wondered if anyone might have undertaken anything similar? Please reply to
Thanking you very much in advance,
Yours sincerely,
Jo Harrison.