David and Jasmine

Yes very interesting distinction -
and one that is noted by practitioner historians of witchcraft - I'm
thinking of the "cunning man" Jack Daw for example -
who often points out the importance of "solomonic" grimoires to
eighteenth century witchcraft.
Maybe there is still work to be done on the Saxon and Germano-Celtic
stuff - which is also prone to "political" bias of one sort or another.
Interesting though - that RH "debunks" the neo-pagan view that churches
were built on pre-existing pagan sites
(as indeed they were in the classical world) - whereas for example
practitioner/scholar Jan Fries talks about the ephemeral nature
of Germano/Celtic pagans sites that may not
show up in the archeaological record.
So sometimes neopagan "foundation myths" are not so stupid.

"Love and do what you will"

Mogg