This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message.
---------------

Hi,

I couldn't make out whether the loop is metal or rope/leather.  If it
is the latter, might it have been used for leading or restraining
animals?

Regards

Ms J Holmen AMA+
Collections Manager
Epping Forest District Museum
39/41 Sun Street
Waltham Abbey
Essex
EN9 1EL
Tel: 01992 716882

>>> [log in to unmask] 01/05/2008 09:54:27 >>>
This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message,
your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the
author of this message.
---------------

Dear all,

May I ask that you have a look at this object that was brought in for
identification yesterday?  We are fairly that it is of agricultural use,
and that it was formerly attached to a handle by the screw, but do not
know the purpose of it.

Thank you!

Kirsty Hartsiotis
Collections Development Manager
Swindon Museum & Art Gallery
Bath Road
Swindon
SN1 4BA

Tel: 01793 466559
Fax: 01793 484141
www.swindon.gov.uk/heritage

Swindon Museum & Art Gallery is open from: Monday to Saturday  10-5pm

Please consult our website for details of events and activities at the
Museum & Gallery

"The views expressed in this email are personal and may not necessarily
reflect those of Swindon Borough Council unless explicitly stated
otherwise.
addressed.
If you have received this email in error, please notify me immediately.
If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you should not copy
it for
any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.
Senders and recipients of email should be aware that, under the Data
Protection Act 1998 and Freedom of Information Act 2000, the contents
may
have to be disclosed.
This footnote also confirms that this email has been swept by McAfee
Anti-Virus software for the presence of computer viruses. However,
Swindon
Borough Council cannot accept liability for viruses that may be in this
email and we recommend that you check all emails with an appropriate
virus
scanner."

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group
to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG
visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the
responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG.
To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to
[log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as
the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST

DISCLAIMER
This email is for the use of the intended recipients only. Any opinion or
advice it contains is that of the sender and does not bind the authority in
any way. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender
immediately and then delete the message. If you are not the intended
recipient you must not use, disclose, copy or distribute this email.
We have taken precautions to minimise the risk of transmitting
software viruses, but we advise that you carry out your own virus
checks on an attachment to this message. We cannot accept liability
for any loss or damage caused by software viruses.

Internet email is not a secure communication medium,
and we advise that you observe this lack of security when emailing us.

Epping Forest District Council