From: Marven, Lyn
Sent: 23 April 2008 13:52
To: WIGS
Subject: electronic election for WIGS committee members

Dear all,

It was decided at the Brighton meeting that we could elect virtually an IT rep to succeed Anna; we also now need to elect a Postgraduate rep to replace Michi who is stepping down. Could I therefore ask for your (virtual) participation in an online election? If you are in agreement with the nominations this will take you precisely no time at all!

We have received nominations for both posts:

Aine McMurtry (Queen’s, Oxford) for IT (as nominated in absentia at the Brighton meeting)

Sara Jones (Nottingham) for PG rep (nominated and seconded by committee members)

As it is impractical, I think, to ask that all WIGS members email me with their votes, could I ask only that anyone who wishes to vote *against*, to request that we consider further nominations or to object to the process of virtual election contact me by the beginning of next week (Mon 28 April).

If I receive no objections to the process or to the candidates, can I ask that we consider both Aine and Sara elected? I will circulate an email confirming the election if it is carried.

Our warm thanks again to both Anna and Michi for all their hard work for WIGS.

Thanks in advance for participating in the virtual election,

Lyn

Dr Lyn Marven

Lecturer in German, Director of Postgraduate Teaching

School of Cultures, Languages and Area Studies

University of Liverpool

Chatham Street

Liverpool L69 7ZR

Tel: +44 151 794 2754