-----Original Message-----
From: For anyone working in education with an interest in Second Life
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Toro-Troconis, Maria E
Sent: 20 May 2008 19:03
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [SECONDLIFE] Game-based learning for Virtual Patients

Hello all,

The Faculty of Medicine at Imperial College London has developed a region in
Second Life that aims to design game-based learning activities for delivery
of virtual patients.

The first Virtual Patient can now be accessed in the Respiratory Ward (first
floor of the virtual Sir Alexander Fleming building).

Please note that in order to start the activity you need to access the
Introductory notecard located at the reception of the Respiratory Ward (1st
floor). Financial and hygiene issues are embedded in the delivery of the
virtual patients. Investigations have to be bought and certain triggers, such
as not washing hands, will halt some activities, so make sure you wash your
hands every time you leave the patient's area.

You can access a demo on YouTube at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnPYhSbSABA

Our SLURL is:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Imperial%20College%20London/150/86/27/

Best wishes,

Maria

Maria Toro-Troconis
Senior Learning Technologist
Faculty of Medicine
Imperial College London
South Kensington Campus
Room 161, Sir Alexander Fleming Building
London SW7 2AZ
Tel: +44 (0)20 7594 9815
Fax: +44 (0)20 7594 9800
Email: [log in to unmask]
Web: www.elearningimperial.ac.uk/
Second Life:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Imperial%20College%20London/150/86/27/

Access the list, archives and filestore via the web on
http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/SECONDLIFE

Access the list, archives and filestore via the web on http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/SECONDLIFE