On Thu, 22 May 2008, Burke, S (Stephen) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As Jeremy mentioned briefly there has been a question about the
> provision of local UIs at sites. Can people say what they're currently
> doing?

Having missed the meeting, I don't understand the question!

At Brunel, the UIs I know about are standalone machines that users SSH
into, but then anyone can slap Linux on their machine and run YAIM...

Is the question about the provision of access to users, or about tracking
and auditing UIs that (e.g.) might have flawed openSSL installations?

> Are there any sites with no local UI?

Possibly depends what you mean by "site" - pedantically our UIs are on the
normal office network (i.e. Tier 3/4 as was), rather than part of the
(Tier 2) Grid resources.

Thanks

Henry

--
Dr. Henry Nebrensky                     [log in to unmask]
                             http://people.brunel.ac.uk/~eesrjjn