Hi SPM list,

Each of our subjects has four functional runs/tasks, each of which I
preprocess separately using a copy of the same T1 structural scan.

Sometimes the segmentation does not work (see BadSegment.jpg, attached),
even when the segmentation was successful when coregistered to the mean
of a different functional run (see GoodSegment.jpg, attached, from the
same structural scan).  From realignment parameters, this subject did
not move more than 2mm in any direction between functional runs.  This
has happened for 5 of 27 subjects so far.

Is there something I can do to avoid getting this bad segmentation?

I am running SPM5 Updates1111, Matlab 7.4.0 (r2007b), on Linux.

Thanks for any help,
Kyle Shattuck
CFMI, Georgetown University