Dear experts

Apologize for the basic question.
I'm analyzing FDG-PET scans in 25 patients with a neurological disorder.
In addition to group comparison (patients vs controls), I want to correlate
regional glucose metabolism with clinical parameter such as disease
duration.
I chose 'single subject_covariate only' module in PET models (spm2), with
disease duration as covariate-of-interest and age/sex as nuisance variables.
In the next step of 'Select global normalization', there are two options,
Ancova vs. proportional scaling. Which one is appropriate for my study?
I have tried each method but the results are very different.

Accodring to an spm99 manual in Website,  there is the following sentence,
"AnCova is advised for multi-subject studies unless differences in global
flow are large (e.g., due to variability in injected tracer dose). Because
AnCova also uses one degree of freedom for each subject/group, proportional
scaling may be preferable for single-subject studies."
Does the selection of 'Ancova' is more suitable for my design?
Many thanks for the good advice.

Kim