There is one issue with this approach. When you apply the Affine matrix to the mat filed of header, the resulting matrix has a shear component. This inhibits the use of ROI analyses with DARTEL data.

Does anyone know how to eliminate the shear components when apply the Affine matrix to the mat field of the header? Can the mat fields be rounded to 3 decimal places????

Any suggestions would be appreciated.