Johanna -

I think G is "safe" to use - I don't think there are any special
considerations, apart from overall scaling. In other words, I don't know
what the scaling of the units is (you could consult the Brainstorm
package that SPM5 uses for forward modelling), but I don't think the
scaling of the units is terribly important for the kind of work we do.

Rik

> Hello folks,
>
> I have just began using SMP5. I'd like to programme an inverse solution
> using the gain matrix, G, created by forward computations. I'd like to
> know if the G, used by the function spm_eeg_inv_evoked, assumes units Am
> for current and V for signal? And is it other wise "safe" to be used just
> as any gain matrix, or should I take something special into consideration?
>
> Thanks for any answers,
> Johanna

DR RICHARD HENSON

MRC Cognition & Brain Sciences Unit