Dear Sidneians,
      I have had several responses off-list. Most are in agreement, in one
way or another, that the epistle more naturally fits the Old Arcadia
(whether you think the New Arcadia is Sidney's more serious work, or you
think it is a non-authorial monster). This was my own feeling as well. It is
just a little troubling to me that the textual evidence suggests the
opposite. So I wanted to get a consensus view. If there are any strong
alternate views, I'd love to hear those as well. Thanks as always.
Yours,
Brad