Dear all,

Having ransacked my own files and the National Archives website to no
avail I'm now putting out a plea to you all.  I have a memory of seeing,
somewhere, probably on the TNA site, a statement that the requirement to
"keep" records did not necessarily mean that they had to be kept
permanently.  I ask because I'm currently having discussions about just
what obligations a regulatory requirement to "keep" records places on an
organisation and clearly a statement from the TNA such as the one
described would add weight to any arguments in favour of not retaining
material unnecessarily.

Clare

Clare Cowling
Records Manager
Solicitors Regulation Authority
Ipsley Court
Berrington Close
Redditch B98 0TD

Ph: direct line 01527 512926
Internal extension: 3996
Mobile 07816 929734
Fax: 0152 7883285
email [log in to unmask]

This email, and attachment, is intended only for the attention of the addressee.  Its unauthorised use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted.  If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy all copies and inform the sender by return email and send a copy to [log in to unmask]  Thank you for your co-operation.

Please note the author of this email is not authorised to conclude any contract on behalf of the Solicitors Regulation Authority by email.