Not allowed access, Barry, but I believe you....

I guess we just have to let them be, with their poetry, while we read
ours (which we know covers a wider ground, & is much more exciting,
compelling, engaging, demanding, etc.)....

Doug
On 8-May-08, at 1:26 AM, Barry Alpert wrote:

> In my essay "Post-Modern Oral Poetry: Buckminster Fuller, John Cage,
> and David Antin", I point to
> extrapolations from the continuous U.S. oral tradition unheard by
> twentieth century republican
> country-club society: the blues and dada, not to mention Rexroth,
> Patchen, & the Beats.

Douglas Barbour

http://www.ualberta.ca/~dbarbour/

Latest books:
Continuations (with Sheila E Murphy)
http://www.uap.ualberta.ca/UAP.asp?LID=41&bookID=664
Wednesdays'
http://abovegroundpress.blogspot.com/2008/03/new-from-aboveground-press_10.html

Lives devoted to Beauty seldom end well.

	Sir Kenneth Clark