It feels like it should be a 'hang spring cleaning' sort of poem. I'd
start with the 'dirty dishes' - great line btw and maybe some
irritation at failing to write about beauty, surrender to that beauty
- or horror, possibly depending on which way your mood swings - in the
outside world then return refreshed to the mundaneities of everyday
life.

I'm not sure about the English and Australian mentions. If you include
that it might be a more complex poem?

Roger