when i worked in industry the trades test was done by someone with relevant qualifications in the actual trade and not OH

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Mann, Jane
Sent: 30 May 2008 16:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [OCC-HEALTH] Trade testing for colour vision

Does anyone out there currently use trade testing for colour vision testing and if so how do you undertake this. I am currently working on looking on our process for this and how we can ensure a consistent reproducible test with a written procedure. I have read much of the literature and feel that trade testing has its place for some cases who appear ‘borderline’ on formal testing (Ishihara or City testing).  I understand that using wires in the colours that are used in the industry is acceptable but have read something somewhere which stated that just identifying the colours of the wires is not considered adequate – has anyone had experience with this or formed an opinion on how to ensure this is a reliable test.

Thanks for your help

Jane

Jane Mann RGN; BSc (Hons)

Occupational Health Advisor, EDF Energy

Bury St Edmunds

COPE Occupational Health and Ergonomic Services Ltd

T: 01284 726653

F: 01284 726660

Mob: 07875 116305

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are
confidential and may be protected by legal privilege.
If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender and delete the e-mail from your system.
This e-mail has been scanned for malicious content but
the internet is inherently insecure and EDF Energy plc
cannot accept any liability for the integrity of this
message or its attachments. No employee or agent of EDF
Energy plc or any related company is authorised to
conclude any binding agreement on behalf of EDF Energy
plc or any related company by e-mail.

All e-mails sent and received by EDF Energy plc are
monitored to ensure compliance with the company's
information security policy.  Executable and script
files are not permitted through the EDF Energy plc mail
gateway.  EDF Energy does not accept or send mails above
30 Mb in size.

EDF Energy plc
Registered in England and Wales No. 2366852
Registered Office: 40 Grosvenor Place, London SW1X 7EN

This email was received from the INTERNET and scanned by the Government Secure Intranet anti-virus service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) In case of problems, please call your organisation’s IT Helpdesk.

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net

The original of this email was scanned for viruses by the Government Secure Intranet virus scanning service supplied by Cable&Wireless in partnership with MessageLabs. (CCTM Certificate Number 2007/11/0032.) On leaving the GSi this email was certified virus free.

OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH JOBS http://OHJobs.drmaze.net