Media Practice and its field

The fourth Journal of Media Practice symposium
Supported by MeCCSA Practice section

Friday 20th June 2008, University of Leeds

Call for Registration

The JMP symposium is now an annual event for all media practitioners
teaching or researching in HE and FE.  The theme this year is our context –
how we interact with our field.  This is about how we teach media practice,
how researchers and educators relate to professional and conventional
practice (and vice versa), and how our practice-based research relates to
other research methods and activity.  Particularly welcome are postgraduate
students, whether as researchers or teachers entering the field.

A sub-theme emerging from submissions this year is how professional norms
affect both practice in general and practice as it is researched and taught
in HE.  Papers on this subject have already been confirmed from documentary
producer Paul Kerr (London Metropolitan), documentary producer Florence
Ayisi (Newport), PhD student Anna Zoellner (Leeds) and radio producer
Rozina Breen (Trinity and All Saints).  Due to a technical fault earlier
this month, proposals are being considered for a further week.

Registration will be available from Monday May 12th.  Delegate fees are £40
standard rate (£50 for registrations after June 13th).  We expect to offer
free places for postgraduate students (tbc shortly).  Registration includes
lunch and refreshments.  To register please complete form available at
http://ics.leeds.ac.uk and send with fee to:

Portia Forbes-Rawlins
Research Officer
Institute of Communications Studies

Email:	[log in to unmask]
Tel: 	+44 (113) 343 5805

Enquiries about bookings to Portia.  Other enquiries to Ian Macdonald at:

Email:	[log in to unmask]
Tel: 	+44 (113) 343 5816

Organised by the Louis Le Prince Centre for Cinema, Photography and
Television, Institute of Communication Studies, University of Leeds.