Hi Keith,

 From what I learned from the AS training session and Guidance day, to answer
your questions as follows:

1.  the candidate must keep the word limit within the specified limit, 200 is
the maximum allowed.  The punctuations are not counted as words.  The examiner
actually will draw a line after the 200th character even before they read and
mark the writing!!!  anything after the 200th character will not be
considered,
no matter how wonderfully written.  But of course, I understand that if there
are only a few words which exceed the word limit of 200 but are necessary to
finish off the last sentence as a whole sentence, I hope the exminer will not
be too harsh about it.  But definitely not exceeding too much, never exceed a
few lines more than the word limit!!!

2.for reading comprehension, the candidate will have to answer the
questions to
the point, it could be a short answer or a complete/long answer.  Yes, the
candidate may copy the sentences from the text as their answer to the
question,
but they have to hit the point of the question, not just copying the sentence
without understand the meaning.

Hope it helps to answer your queries.
Lisa Wang
Calday Grange Grammar School