Are you and/or your friend sure that the first term is not a misprint for Patent-monger which the OED defines as a person who makes money from the buying or selling of patents, a holder of many patents?

'fraid I can't help with the boozey brick.

Malcolm
--
Malcolm Shifrin

Visit our website, a not-for-profit educational project based in the UK

http://www.victorianturkishbath.org/

Roger Fern wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Here (below) is a small problem which came to me from a friend, who had
it from another friend.  Can anybody throw any light?  I've tried a bit
of web searching, with no results.  The phrase "this and adjoining
counties" might refer to Worcestershire and the area round there.

Roger Fern.

A little problem for you.  Can you tell me what are "Patent Manger and

*Boozey Bricks*, as used by most of the estates of Noblemen and
Gentlemen of this and adjoining counties"  c.1880s, not in my 1st ed.
OED under boozey or brick.

Google ain't any help!

Roger Fern, Newcastle upon Tyne.