According to  OUR WEIGHTS AND MEASURES by H.J. Chaney (Eyre &
Spottiswoode, 1897) "From the time of Henry III the Statute Book
abounds... with Acts providing for uniformity..."
He continues later in the book, "The ancient standard of linear measure
appears to have been re-established in 1324 by Statute of Edward II
which ordained that three barley-corns, round and dry, make an inch, 12
inches a foot, three feet a yard..."
"The standard yard of 36 inches (1496) still exists and is probably the
same length as the old Saxon yard."

Hoiwever I don't see anything in the book about a standard for the
mile.  It seems that the author tries to avoid any mention of a  mile.
Perhaps this was because,  as the OED says, "Its length has varied
considerably at different periods and in different localities." However
I have read elsewhere that the British statute mile of 1,760 yards was
legalised in 1593.

Brian Read