  From: Martin Watts [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
  Sent: 12 May 2008 10:19
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Cc: 'Gareth Hughes'
  Subject: Fulling stocks

  Dear Peter,

  Your enquiry about fulling stocks was forwarded to me this morning.  The
reference to 'long' stocks (presumably a translation) and bremia stocks
makes me wonder if that should read brevia, that is, short stocks?  Like you
I cannot find bremia in any of the sources I have noted on medieval fulling
mills.  Sounds an interesting document - what part of the country is it
from?

  Best wishes,

  Martin Watts