Apologies for cross posting

There are still some places available on the following NoWAL course

18/06/2008
Think yourself happy: happiness, inspiration and motivation
10:00 - 16:30
University of Liverpool - Taylor Room, Sydney Jones Library
Tutor: Deborah Dalley

Book a place on this course
http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php?action=view&sql_id=34

Charges
NoWAL Members: £75
External Delegates: £100

‘Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action’
Benjamin Disraeli

‘Happiness is a choice that requires effort at all times’
Anon

For many people being happy and motivated at work is a basic essential of life but how
much effort do we put in to achieving this? Historically psychologists have concerned
themselves with things that make people unhappy - for every 100 psychology papers dealing
with anxiety and depression there is only one dealing with positive traits.

This workshop is designed to help participants develop an understanding of what happiness
is and to explore ways to increase their personal happiness and motivation.

Objectives:
At the end of the day participants will have:

Examined the difference between happiness and pleasure
Discussed how closely happiness is connected to values and belief
Explored whether we can increase our happiness level
Identified the key things that motivate us to work
Developed an action plan for positive living

Who Should Attend?
Anyone who is interested in increasing their personal happiness and motivation.

Comments from previous attendees
"Really enjoyed this course. Left feeling motivated and inspired to “do something
useful” with my life. Almost a life changing course!!! Highly recommended!"

"The course was different to any previous NoWAL course I have attended, but I still felt
that it was relevant to my current job role.  I found it very useful to assess how the
level of happiness/satisfaction at work or in other aspects of my life can impact on my
overall well-being.  It was particularly constructive for me to be able to break long-term
plans into small manageable – and achievable –steps.  It was also interesting to find
that doing one or two things differently each week can increase my levels of well-being
significantly."

"Great course, inspirational and motivational (as it’s intended to be) & useful in
helping me to reflect on where I’d like to head in my career and life in general, and
most of all, what I’d like to achieve before my time’s up!"

"I thoroughly enjoyed the day. It made me feel much more positive about myself, making me
think about levels of happiness and I think  Deborah Dalley is an excellent trainer"

Book a place on this course
http://www.nowal.ac.uk/general_programme.php?action=view&sql_id=34

If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

Gil Young
NoWAL Support Officer

NoWAL: Widening access to library resources and improving learning and information
support services through innovation, influence and partnership.

Minshull House
47-49 Chorlton Street
Manchester
M1 3FY

0161 247 6021

"Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester
Metropolitan University's email disclaimer available on its website
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer "