Dear all,

The Distance Learning Unit at the UoS library has been supplying
scanned journal articles and book chapters to registered Distance
learning students, part time students and students on placement
since Jan 2006.
As you know, the CLA license allows the photocopying and
scanning of multiple copies of in stock material. That means we
can supply an item to more than one student, though in practice
this hardly ever happens.
The fair dealing exception limits the amount we can copy for the
students and Library Privilege allows us to copy on someone's
behalf. So- all bits of the legislation play a part in this in our view.
Please see our web page:
http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/library/services/dledocdelivery.html
for further details, and please get in touch if you have any more
questions.

Best wishes

Jean Lees
Document Supply and Distance learning Manager
Western Bank Library
University of Sheffield
0114 2227352