Burke, S (Stephen) пишет:
> ...(I live
> near RAL and I get a power cut about every 3 months, so RAL itself
> actually does fairly well - rather ironic given the large power station
> only a few miles away.)

Hey, it's grid - your power comes from a totally different place up in Norwegian woods :-) Just imagine how many mails do your local power grid operators receive. Like, none?..

> Not to mention the original webcam, pointing at a coffee machine in
> Cambridge :)

Good idea. Let's require every site to have webcams pointing at their power supplies, network cards, fans and whatever else matters (coffee machine is a good activity indicator, too). Then we can employ a small army of ROC and CIC operators monitoring the video feeds. Innovative, eh? Funding agencies will queue at our doors with bags of money.

> PS Can we also mention the fact that every GGUS upgrade seems to
> generate about 50 mails?

At least they improved their spam filter and I don't have to solve the problem of losing 40 pounds in 2 days any more.

Cheers,
Oxana, wondering what would remain of her if she drops 40 pounds