Hi all,

Since GOCDB3, one cannot set monitoring "off" for a node declared in
GOCDB under a production site.
Putting a downtime before removing the node will not help more as the
downtime disappears as soon as the node is remove, and then alarms will
be raised on COD dashboard.
But normaly CODs are aware the node is no more existing: they should
just check that the node is remove both from GOCDB and BDII; if this is
the case no ticket is created against the site.

Cheers,
David

Antun Balaz wrote:
>> Despite what Antun is saying I have a recent experience of a node
>> removed from BDII and set in downtime during a few days before
>> removing it from GOCDB and I received an alarm almost immediately
>> after deleting it...
>>

> Yes, this is exactly what I experienced as well in the past :-) The alarms
> should not be raised, but sometimes they are...
>
> Probably the safest way to remove a node without getting a ticket is to do the
> following: set downtime for a node, then disable monitoring for this node in
> GOCDB (I am not sure if this is possible now, there were some changes
> regarding this, and GOCDB is again not working, so I cannot check), wait that
> the node is really not monitored, then remove it from sBDII, and then from GOCDB.
>
> Probably this should be simplified, and documented somewhere...
>
> Best regards, Antun
>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Michel
>>
>> --On samedi 10 mai 2008 12:02 +0200 Antun Balaz <[log in to unmask]>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> Hi Christos,
>>>
>>> The node will eventually disappear from SAM, after some retention period.
>>> It should be 3 days - if it is longer than that, you should open a ticket
>>> to SAM team to fix this. If you have put the node in downtime before
>>> removing it from GOCDB, COD should not see alarms for failed SAM tests
>>> during the retention period, so you should not get tickets for this
>>> node...
>>>
>>> Best luck, Antun
>>>
>>> -----
>>> Antun Balaz
>>> Research Assistant
>>> E-mail: [log in to unmask]
>>> Web: http://scl.phy.bg.ac.yu/
>>>
>>> Phone: +381 11 3713152
>>> Fax: +381 11 3162190
>>>
>>> Scientific Computing Laboratory
>>> Institute of Physics Belgrade
>>> Pregrevica 118, 11080 Belgrade, Serbia
>>> -----

*David BOUVET*
/EGEE Project team/
IN2P3/CNRS Computing Centre - Lyon (FRANCE)
http://grid.in2p3.fr
Tel. : +33 4 72 69 41 62 | Fax. : +33 4 72 69 41 70 | e-mail :