Hi,

I agree, downtimes/uptimes notifications are not really important
for site admins. They are more important for VOs users.

I receive all the boring notification for site XY
  'because I'm recognized as the VO manager of the HunGrid VO' even if
site XY does not support the HunGrid VO.....

I've already mentioned this to Gilles Mathieu (CIC developer),
and he promised that they will improve broadcast notifications....

Gergo