Ciao Sergio,

> I did not get clearly what is the impact that restarting the
> job-manager-marshal would have on the running jobs
> we have 400 jobs running constantly and ~ 1500 queued, and I do not
> consider this number as "few jobs" from my point of view.
> I would really apreciate if someone could give us a clear statement
> explainig which will be affected ( only those running ? both runing and
> queued ? only those not yet submitted but already landed on the CE ? )

Jobs in steady state will not be affected.  That is, jobs that are in
the queue before and after the restart are fine.  Jobs that are running
before and afterwards are fine.

What is affected: jobs that are just arriving or finishing.

That is, a (very) small fraction of the activity at your site.

> also considering that, if this is going to be the update procedure in
> "real" production ( I agree with Jeff, this is as close as we can get to
> production as of today ) it is far from being optimal.

In this case we have a security problem, not a normal middleware update.