> Despite what Antun is saying I have a recent experience of a node
> removed from BDII and set in downtime during a few days before
> removing it from GOCDB and I received an alarm almost immediately
> after deleting it...

Yes, this is exactly what I experienced as well in the past :-) The alarms
should not be raised, but sometimes they are...

Probably the safest way to remove a node without getting a ticket is to do the
following: set downtime for a node, then disable monitoring for this node in
GOCDB (I am not sure if this is possible now, there were some changes
regarding this, and GOCDB is again not working, so I cannot check), wait that
the node is really not monitored, then remove it from sBDII, and then from GOCDB.

Probably this should be simplified, and documented somewhere...

Best regards, Antun

------- End of Original Message -------