Hi Lucie,

I agree that it would be nice to be able to search the scopenotes. Unfortunately the current online NMR thesaurus website, which is about 9 years old, are unlikely to be updated with such functionality.

However we are working on a brand new service which will allow you to do just that as well as expand and collapse the hierarchies and search even more authority files.

Phase 1 of this is currently in progress and as soon as it is ready to go live we will be publicising it. The new service will also allow users to register with the site and suggest candidate terms and other fancy stuff. There will also be admin users who will actually be able to log in and build thesauri (these users will be given proper training).

Hopefully this means that the community will be able to take true ownership of INSCRIPTION resources.

Within reason obviously!

Phil

Phil Carlisle

Data Standards Supervisor

English Heritage

National Monuments Record Centre

Kemble Drive

Swindon

SN2 2GZ

+44 (0)1793 414824

http://thesaurus.english-heritage.org.uk/

The information contained within this e-mail is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee only. If you have received the e-mail in error, please inform the sender and delete it from your system. The contents of this e-mail must not be disclosed to anyone else or copied without the sender's consent.

Any views and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of English Heritage. English Heritage will not take any responsibility for the views of the author.

P Please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to